How to apply
Preschool admissions process 2021-2022
Children born between September 1, 2016 and August 31, 2017 may participate in this process. Candidates who wish to apply to Prekindergarten must turn four years old before September 1 of the academic year in which they will enroll in school.
Stages in the proceess
- Attend an information session
- Parents complete Forms A and B
- Applicant’s preschool or current school completes Form C
- Pay the application fee
- Attend parent interview
- Attend play day for children
- Receive final results of the process.
Step 1: Attend an information session
We invite the families that are not yet part of the Colegio Los Nogales family to one of our information sessions where they can learn about our philosophy, activities, and infrastructure. Please contact our admission’s office to schedule a session: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Application and payment
The admissions application forms (Forms A and B) must be completed online after having attended an information session and registering in the system.
At the end of the forms, you will find the link to pay the application fee. Please make note of the registration number assigned by the system because it is required to complete the transaction. The application fee is $200,000 (two-hundred thousand pesos). Payment is made through PSE.
Note: on Form A, you must attach the latest academic report from your child’s preschool, where applicable, the evaluation and progress reports if the child is receiving any type of therapy.
Step 3: Parent interview
All families who have completed Forms A and B and have paid the application fee will be able to continue with this step, which consists of an interview with both parents.The only parents who will not attend an interview are those who currently have children studying at the school.
Step 4: Complete Form C
As an essential part of the process, the applicant’s preschool or current school must complete Form C. This form is completed online. The instructions to access the system and complete it will be sent directly to the preschool or current school.
Step 5: Play day invitation for children
Applicant observations is a very important step of the process. Parents and preschools will receive an invitation with the date for their child’s play day.
Step 6: Results
The results of the admission process will be sent by email.
Admissions process for kindergarten through 11th grade
Steps to apply
1. Confirm spots available by sending an email to email@example.com
2. Attend an information session to learn about our philosophy, activities, and infrastructure. This takes place after parents request admission to the school for their child and to confirm that there are spots available.
3. To begin the process, parents must fill out the admissions forms corresponding to the section of the school to which their child is applying. These forms are only filled out once steps 1 and 2 have been completed.
The process necessitates a copy of the child’s grades from the last two years of school completed. Applicants for grades 6 and up who have spent their last two years abroad must take into account the following instructions:
- Bring original transcripts, duly legalized in the country of origin by the competent authority (i.e., state, county, or independent school registrar).
- Attach a translation of the transcripts by an official translator.
- Apostille the documents in the Ministry of Education so that it can issue its opinion.
- Submit the certification issued by the Ministry of Education with all of the documents listed above.
- For applicants to 10th, 11th and 12th grades, include the school’s course catalog (showing content, texts, and hours per week).
Kindergarten (K5) and Transition (1st Grade American system) applicants will be invited to participate in a Play Day at the school.
Those interested in the admissions process for 1st through 8th grades (2nd to 9th American System) must sit for a test of skills and knowledge of math, Spanish and English, according to the grade for which they are applying.
On the day of the academic testing, parents must pay $200,000 (two-hundred thousand pesos) by debit or credit card at the school to cover the application fee.
Preschool (Kindergarten and Transition)
- Only children born between September 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015 are eligible to apply for Kindergarten 2020-2021.
Only children born between September 1, 2013 and August 31, 2014 are eligible to apply for Transition 2020-2021.
For applications to Kindergarten and Transition, Forms A and B must be printed and submitted to the school’s Admissions Office. Additionally, parents must send Form C to their child’s current school to be completed by that school and sent directly to Colegio Los Nogales to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary (1st to 4th)
Please print the forms below. Form A must be completed by the parents and sent to the school by the established deadlines. Form D1 must be completed by the head of school, principal, or counselor at your child’s current school; Form D2 must be completed by his or her English teacher and Form D3 by his or her Math teacher. Forms D1, D2 and D3 must be sent directly by your child’s current school to Colegio Los Nogales. Form F must be completed by the applicant.
Middle School and High School (5th to 11th)
Please print the forms below. Form A must be completed by the parents and sent to the school by the established deadlines. Form E1 must be completed by the head of school, principal, or counselor at your child’s current school; Form E2 must be completed by his or her English teacher and Form E3 by his or her Math teacher. Forms E1, E2 and E3 must be sent directly by your child’s current school to Colegio Los Nogales in a sealed envelope or via email to email@example.com. Form F must be completed by the applicant.
Admissions and Public Relations Assistant